View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #896
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Yeah that costume is a nice fan made suit but for a movie no, especially that cowl.
I mean, it's a drawing and not a fan-made suit, so I'm not sure what you mean. And what's so bad about the cowl compared to some of the awful designs people have posted in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec
I quite like that, Shape, though I think brown leather is a better bet if you want to replace the yellow belt: that design is a little bit too monochrome for my tastes.

And that Rob Liefeld 1990s thigh strap has to go.
I don't think I'd be much of a fan of the black/brown combo. Someone should darken the areas I mentioned, and then also make a version with those places being brown, so that we could see a side-by-side comparison. A brown belt just wouldn't "go" with anything, really.

As for the leg strap, I wouldn't have been for it before Nolan's trilogy started, but now I'm open to things we haven't seen yet on screen, visually. That small strap adds a level of practicality to a suit that doesn't look all too practical, IMO.

I'm imagining a live action version of this suit with a series of test photos against a white or grey backdrop, like we saw with Bale for TDK, and I think I'd be really happy with it.

michael1975 on Superman/Batman movie -

"I no longer care. I am so utterly disappointed it's not even funny. When movie comes out and his horrible I'm going to come back here and laugh and say "I told you so"."