View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #75
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

marvlrobbins, I look at your posts and most of what I see is assumption based on very little information. Unless Singer or someone else has flat-out said that Wolverine is going to be one of the time travelers or that Bishop is only going to be part of the future scenes, filming schedules really don't tell us much at all. Just because an actor interacts only with certain actors doesn't mean that said actor won't appear on-screen with actors with whom they didn't interact, especially with today's CGI technology.

The Last Stand's problem wasn't that it had too many characters, BTW; its problem was that Brett Ratner really wasn't the best person to make the juxtaposition of the film's two plotlines and myriad of characters work. If you were to take The Last Stand exactly as it was and replace Ratner with, say, Joss Whedon, Christopher Nolan, Matthew Vaughn, or even Singer himself, you'd end up with a movie that would've been as good as or better than the first two films and First Class.

TLS is an OK film that could've/would've been better with a different director helming it.

Singer knows how to make things that might seem overly complex very simple and I therefore see no reason to make assumptions about how things can or can't work when it comes to time travel and utilizing the movie's large cast effectively, especially when we have very little actual information about the specifics of the film.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote