View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #70
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I don't think we should. I wouldn't count the "Madness is like gravity" speech as part of the battle anymore than I would count the "WHERES THE TRIGGAAH?!?!".. urhm... speech. The music has died down, the IMAX is no-more, clearly we have moved from action scene to dialogue driven scene.

And if the Batman/Joker fight is only 40 seconds, that's fine by me. The physical confrontation was never a very important part of those characters' relationship. Whereas with Bane and Batman, the physical confrontation was HUGELY important, thus it didn't feel right for the fight to be so short.
This is where we disagree then, lol. I think certain pieces of dialogue should be part of the "battle", especially when more happened after the "Where's the trigger!!!" interrogation. Talia intervened and then the battle commenced when Bane then tried to blow Batman's head off with a shotgun, even if that only lasted like five seconds.

And I agree, Batman vs Bane should be a hell a lot more intense, but to a point it shouldn't because Bane is no match going up against a Batman that's focus. I think that's the main deal with the first battle and the parallel to the second...Batman is not focused and is neither strong nor wise enough in the sewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
The more I watch it, the more disappointed I become in it...
the good:
-the "thematic" victory that most stated above about batman escaping the pit etc. etc.
-Banes barrage when the mask is broken
-Banes swat of batman after mask breaks
-Batmans "Sparta" kick of Bane

the bad:
Bane was not allowed to lose with dignity, they built him up as such an imposing force and presence throughout the movie and then in the end he lies beaten in the fetal position making a darth vader like gurgling sound. The blast by Catwoman isn't bad in itself, its only bad only because it punctuates the complete 180 the character has done since the beginning (the ferocity, the power of belief as alfred says).

Not allowing Bane to lose with dignity lessens Batmans victory. It really bothers me because I really like Bane as a character and was really enjoying this version that Nolan had built, but in the end he slipped up. Love the movies but like all good things it still has its blemishes.
There's a point that Bane didn't lose with any dignity though because of how he never escaped the Pit and was still in prison. He was a monster from beginning to end even if he shed a few tears for Talia and he had an ending a monster usually receives.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote