View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #689
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I think that Loki might die in the future and hopefully in an act of self sacrifice once he realizes what he's done. The dramatic possibilities are scintillating as Loki switches from destructive fury to anguished, remorseful realization...
If he has to go, I suppose that would be the way to do it - but not one second before he fulfills every last bit of his multipicture contract!

Regarding his possible casting as Eric Draven in The Crow, this was all the news while it lasted. Within a day or two, Tom was supplanted by Alexander Skarsgard as front runner for the role. He in turn was later usurped by Luke Evans, who finally got the part. This might have been interesting. I'm not a Crow fan, but even the diehards who were against any idea of a reboot were at least excited about Tom playing the part.

In terms of his future roles, I'm really stoked about 'Close Enough', a film about the life (and death I suppose) of Hungarian war photographer Robert Capa, famous for his work during WWII and the Spanish Civil War. Tom has been cast in the lead role. Capa's real life love interest, fellow photographer Gerda Taro, will be played by Haley Atwell. This project seems to have the combination of 'meat' (substance) and mass appeal that might finally bring Tom the wider ranging recognition he deserves.

(Hoping one day not to have to answer 'Tom who?' in everyday conversation. )