View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #100
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Good points, all.

It's almost as if FOX has a problem identical to Warner Bros. That studio is using Batman and Superman as the very "crutch" BMM mentions--for the greater part of nearly 40 years they've been unable to move past developing those two characters cinematically. DC has a great stable of fine characters (i.e. Wonder Woman, etc.,) but they've never gotten attention because WB basically doesn't know what to do with them.

The same holds true with FOX and its X-Men franchise. To date, they've proven they really don't know what to do with the comic's main marquee characters, so they just continue developing (and over-developing) Wolverine, Magneto and to a lesser extent Xavier.

It's almost as if they're terrified of telling a movie story without those three characters dominating the storyline. So sad.
I don't think FOX doesn't know what to do with their characters its just that they focused on Wolverine because they know he's the most marketable character in the series. They also focused a lot to Professor X and Magneto because they're the ying and the yang of the series. It also has something with the writers of the previous films, they needed to focus on 1 to 3 characters to give the story more depth. There will be main characters, supporting characters and minor roles. But I hope after DOFP, this will change.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote