View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #108
Frodo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not. They hold joint rights to the character and perhaps by doing so they can imply a joint universe rather than explicitly stated.

I do find it hilarious, those playing the x-men against Avengers card. Who cares how they were used first, they characters were integral to both franchises. The stories of Wanda and Vision's love story was a key arc to Avengers and no one could argue otherwise.

Sometimes fanboys are their own worst enemies.
I'd say that a lot of times fanboys are their own worst enemies. Lol. Seriously though , I can understand a lot of the fan backlash , but from the looks of it , Whedon and Marvel are gonna move full steam ahead anyway and will have the resources to promote and exploit the twins far more then XMDOFP will I suspect.

I also tend to suspect the whole Fox moving forward with QS had more to do with them realizing that they can't just sit on these characters anymore when there's potential cash to be made. Didn't they lose the rights to some Marvel characters a couple weeks back?

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote