View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #113
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Default Re: Evan Peters Joins X-Men: DOFP as Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
DoFP is in the position to fix a lot of it. At least give us a reason to understand why there are so many inconsistencies. (why Hank McCoy is human in X1, why Emma is older in FC than in O:W, etc.) doesnt even have to be a direct reason, but a one liner about the fabric of space time going all screwy would at least be something
I've said this before, but the two things you specifically mentioned aren't actually inconsistencies; they're just perceived to be.

Hank's presence in X-Men is a cameo and isn't something worth getting bent out of shape over, and O:W Emma was only ever referred to as 'Emma Frost' in promotional material, and the similarities between her and FC Emma are actually very minimal.

With regards to the timeline, I actually posted the following re-jiggered timeline on another board:
1962 - First Class (confirmed placement)
1973 - Days of Future Past (confirmed placement)
1975 - Origins: Wolverine (confirmed placement if not scrubbed from canon)
1980 - Xavier and Erik visit Jean (twenty years before X-Men: The Last Stand)
1990 - Young Warren tries to cut out his wings (ten years before X-Men: The Last Stand)
2000 - X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand

I put all 3 films in the trilogy as taking place in the span of a single year because, Presidential actor differences aside, their events seem to take place fairly close together.

Also, I left The Wolverine out of the timeline because we don't know exactly how much passage of time there's supposed to be between TLS and its events.

Edit: Origins: Wolverine might actually take place in 1981, which actually makes my timeline work better because it places the two instances we know of where Xavier appeared without his wheelchair - the visit to Jean and his appearance in O:W within a year of each other.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry

Last edited by DigificWriter; 05-26-2013 at 09:44 AM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote