View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #134
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Two things:
1) I don't believe Singer has actually said he was going to use DoFP to 'fix things' from any of the existing films
2) Scott and Jean's deaths are neither a mistake or something to be 'fixed'; they are a legitimate creative decision that made sense within the context of The Last Stand's story, regardless of whether or not you personally thought they should've happened.

As for the deaths being an 'F-U' by FOX, I think whoever told you that is full of crap.
1) singer actually has said he plans to fix some discrepancies he has with the series.

2) its common knowledge that When FOX and Singer were on bad terms when he left X3 for superman returns he tried to recruit some xmen cast members to follow him (most likely in an attempt to force fox to delay X3s production to wait for him) he met with James marsden (which he snagged), shawn ashmore (for jimmy olsen ), and i believe famke also flew out to australia for a lunch meeting. I think singer wanted her to play parker posey's role.

Ultimately famke and ashmore declined. Marsden then got a bunch of heat for it and at one point was even written out of X3 entirely. That got even more heat and marsden eventually actually offered to do his part in X3 for free. Just to Be a part of it. ( i don't know if he in the end actually didn't get paid for it or not. But he was quoted as saying it and shortly after was added back into the script in a minor role)

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now   Reply With Quote