View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #22
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Official rate & review IRON MAN 3 thread! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No, it's just that this whole argument was hashed and rehashed two weeks ago, ad nauseam. Suffice to say that those who hate the Mandarin Twist have a greatly exaggerated sense of the character's importance and impact on the actual comic-book world (hint: he was a D-level villain and a racist caricature, and his only claim to fame is being the most common of Iron Man's notoriously crappy rogues' gallery); completely overlook the fact that Aldrich Killian is the actual Mandarin, and that he is actually the best and most formidable foe Iron Man has faced onscreen so far; and the whole political and narrative theme of the movie (we create our own demons; and a hero is judged by what he does, not by who he fights) seems to have sailed way over the heads of the people whose complaints about how Mandarin was "raped" actually feeds back into the movie's theme, in a vicious circle.

Read back through the past few hundred pages and save yourself the argument(s)....this horse has already been beaten to death.

Oh, you mean this all have been discussed two weeks before I even registered myself in this site? Whoa, how dared I. But as long as there's a rate and review thread open, I'll assume I can come and post an opinion about it.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote