View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #896
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

You know, the more I think about it now, I can't help but feel like there's a whole film missing in between SM2 and SM3 because it doesn't really feel like a direct sequel. In SM2, there was a jump to two years after the events of the first film, so it made sense to see some major changes in characters, like Harry's position in Oscorp, MJ's success in theater, Peter getting lost in his life as Spidey and Aunt May struggling to get by on her own.

But in SM3, it was a weird mix of being set months after SM2, but other things were completely rushed and made it seem like it picked up shortly after SM2. Other than Peter and MJ being together, and Harry finding out Peter was Spider-Man, nothing else really mattered. Aunt May moving out wasn't a big deal, John Jameson's appearance seemed pointless, and it seemed really weird how MJ didn't even know why Harry and Peter were at odds. Like I've always said that each film had a different feel and look to it, but there seemed to be an bigger divide for some reason between SM2 and SM3.