View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #158
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Nothing that happened in Abrams' Star Trek did anything to invalidate the 'prime' Star Trek continuity.

Singer's quote can be interpreted a myriad of different ways, and, when looked at in conjunction with his stating that he wasn't going to ignore any of the existing films, tells me that, as much as some people might want it to be otherwise, whatever 'fixes' Singer makes are not going to invalidate any of the existing films or the forthcoming The Wolverine. This means no alternate timelines, no erasing the events of TLS - or O:W - from canon, no pretending that said events didn't happen, etc.

I'll close by repeating what I said earlier: just because you didn't like a particular plot development or creative decision doesn't mean that it represents something that should be 'fixed'.
You're really the only one even talking about TLS and XO getting erased..... no one in current conversations are discussing any of that.

Also just an fyi... Singer has said he's been talking with James Cameron about alternate timelines and what not. So don't be too sure about that. All we know for sure is that hes not "superman returns-ing" the xmen films

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now   Reply With Quote