View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #170
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmm, I don't really view this X-Men movie series like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. MCU is one of its kind. Iron Man has its own series, Thor has its own series, Captain America has its own series, and there's the Avengers series where some of the lead characters came from the other series. With X-Men, their films are either a spin-off, a prequel or a film with the original cast.

I have discussed this several times ago, but the way I see it, DOFP is both X4/FC2. But since majority of the cast/characters appeared in X3, this is more of a X-Men 4 to me. Its the 4th film with the original cast with actors from the prequel.
I don't think the size of cast on either end indicates anything. For all we know the ot class may only be seen for 20min tops of the film. (or vice versa)

Its certainly both a sequel and prequel film but i view it more like a comic one shot.

Maybe you'd have felt different if we got a series of FC films with cast for a film or two clearly making it their own franchise

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote