View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #171
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I don't think the size of cast on either end indicates anything. For all we know the ot class may only be seen for 20min tops of the film. (or vice versa)

Its certainly both a sequel and prequel film but i view it more like a comic one shot.

Maybe you'd have felt different if we got a series of FC films with cast for a film or two clearly making it their own franchise
I don't think we can also view DOFP as a prequel. The first three movies had scenes set in the past too. DOFP will be similar to that when we see scenes set in the past. Then time-traveling to the past and changing the past also rules out the definition of a prequel. When the future X-Men go to the past, they are rewriting the history. So the film won't just shows things that already happened in the past. So it cannot be considered as a prequel film.

And maybe I'd have a different opinion if the cast of First Class got their own series like the original cast but no. That didn't happen. So First Class was just a prequel, not a separate series.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-27-2013 at 12:05 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote