View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #50
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Anyone feel the same way...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
Batman Begins is still the best Batman movie. I've recently rewatched the trilogy and to be honest, it feels totally different than The Dark Knight. Of course, it's more of a "generic superhero movie" and they wasted the Scarecrow but the tone just fits.
I agree that that's the difference: BB feels more generic and studio-directed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
BB is definitely like the "indie" film of the Batman movies. I mean, it's obviously still a huge studio movie, but you had a young Chris Nolan bringing some of his indie sensibilities to it, and you had WB kind of unsure how to market it which led to it creating something of a cult following.
You could feel what Nolan was trying to do. But overall you could feel the generic dialogue, the forced love interest, all that studio executives trying to make it a superhero movie by the book. I don't feel Nolan did what he wanted until TDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It was weird having a Batman film not be the center of attention in the movie world, but there was some trust that needed to be earned there. It was a fun time as a fan, felt like you were in on something great. It was very satisfying to expose people to that movie on DVD in the following years and see their reaction.
I'd say Bruce Wayne was more the center than Batman. When Bruce finally became Batman, the editing hid him from everyone's sight.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote