View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #49
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
But that's not everything, though. Bruce Wayne quit as Batman because of the Dent Act, as mentioned in TDKR. He decided not to move on as Bruce Wayne because the woman he was going to spend his life with couldn't and so he figured he shouldn't either. Knowing Rachel was going to move on with Harvey only helped Bruce in the long run, but nothing had to be said or mentioned anymore.
That;s not everything but was mentioned as one of the main reasons. Bruce didn't have to quit as Batman because of the dent Act, since the Dent Act would be finished only if the truth was exposed, not if Batman kept going on. Now, I get that if you're a fugitive you'd better quit and go home, but it was Rachel was turned Bruce down.

Quote:
We had enough simply because there were obviously bigger things to deal with in the third film itself. And besides, what more could have been done after the siege is over? The Dent lie wasn't going to be hammer down to the viewer when Gordon was dealing with the bomb, so then you had just ten minutes left...what more could have been been shown in those last ten minutes of the film?
There's no excuse as a narrator to propose an important element just to forget about it, or treat as something unimportant just because you ran into bigger things. Those lies had potentially enormous consequences. That's why they were such great elements into the story.

Quote:
Joker is saying it verbatim I believe.
I'm sorry I don't get the meaning here. Joker?

Quote:
Bruce acknowledges that Alfred isn't lying.
Could be. But where exactly?

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote