View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #52
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That is everything. It's stated in TDKR that Bruce Wayne quit as Batman because of the Dent Act, because he and Gordon "won", because the Dent Act cleaned up Gotham. Bruce Wayne also quit being Bruce Wayne because he didn't want to move on and didn't feel the need to because the one woman he had his eyes on died. And Bruce even quit on his company because he royally screwed it up because of the failed clean energy project.
As I said, Rachel was not everything, but was there.

Quote:
He didn't really forget about it, only skimmed through it while others wanted to see more, Nolan clearly didn't.
Yes. treated his own elements as if they were an obstacle, so he decided not to give them the importance they had in the previous movie. Or even more, as it should be as elements like that in a story should grow so the plot thickens.

Quote:
The Joker. The poster you were also talking to on this thread.
Ah, ok.

Quote:
When Bruce said Alfred destroyed his world. That shows that Bruce acknowledged that Alfred was telling the truth.
As I told Joker, the member, that could mean that Alfred is trying to destroy his world. But again, I'd have to see the scene again.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote