View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #54
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Culpepper View Post
I have to see the scene again. I didn't believe Bruce would only react calmly at that after all the decisions he had made based on a lie.

I think I interpreted Bruce's words as "You expect to come and do something to destroy my world so I stop being Batman." As in 'are you saying this just to make me stop???' But that doesn't necessarily mean he believes it.
Initially he didn't believe him. He said "How dare you use Rachel to try to stop me". He thought Alfred was was making it up to get him to quit being Batman again. But Alfred said he wasn't. He said he was telling the truth and that he was sorry. Then Bruce got a little choked up and said those aforementioned lines I quoted.

This was instrumental to Bruce being able to move on with Selina (and have sex with Miranda). He was no longer in the frame of mind that his one chance at happiness had died 8 years ago.

Quote:
The quiet sadness could have been about her death alone.
I don't see why since he had no problem talking about Rachel before this. His inability to answer Miranda about who Rachel was said to me that he couldn't bring himself to talk about her after learning the harsh truth that she had chose someone else over him.

He also said to Miranda that Alfred had left "Taking everything".

Quote:
If I understood you well, yes, I agree.
Yes, sorry about the typo. I meant the Dent lie should have had a massive impact, like the poop hitting the fan when the truth finally came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
There's two things that since the summer of 2008 I had been hyping in my head was the blow back for Gordon once the truth was revealed, and the Bruce dealing with learning about the letter. I'm still a little disappointed that beyond Blake's comments about Gordons hands being pretty filthy to him, it's an almost forgotten concept. I can understand given the scenerio that there's just too much going on to include a media backlash or larger disgust towards Gordon, but it was something I really wanted to see.
That was a major problem for me with TDKR. No personality for Gotham. These things affected their city. They were living under a lie for 8 years. The villain was starting a revolution among their people. Batman came back after 8 years. Do we see any real reactions or feelings about this from the people? No.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 05-28-2013 at 10:04 AM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote