View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #55
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Initially he didn't believe him. He said "How dare you use Rachel to try to stop me". He thought Alfred was was making it up to get him to quit being Batman again. But Alfred said he wasn't. He said he was telling the truth and that he was sorry. Then Bruce got a little choked up and said those aforementioned lines I quoted.

This was instrumental to Bruce being able to move on with Selina (and have sex with Miranda). He was no longer in the frame of mind that his one chance at happiness had died 8 years ago.
You're right. That was the bit of the dialogue I thought was inconclusive.

I still missed a most visceral reaction from Bruce. He had made important decision partially based on a lie from whom he thought was a man he could totally trust.

Quote:
I don't see why since he had no problem talking about Rachel before this. His inability to answer Miranda about who Rachel was said to me that he couldn't bring himself to talk about her after learning the harsh truth that she had chose someone else over him.

He also said to Miranda that Alfred had left "Taking everything".
You're probably right. I need to see this again.

Quote:
Yes, sorry about the typo. I meant the Dent lie should have had a massive impact, like the poop hitting the fan when the truth finally came out.

That was a major problem for me with TDKR. No personality for Gotham. These things affected their city. They were living under a lie for 8 years. The villain was starting a revolution among their people. Batman came back after 8 years. Do we see any real reactions or feelings about this from the people? No.
100% agreed on both counts.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote