05-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1
Thought I would post some trivia I found in the wikia pages
Prophecy of Doom
- Lucas is voiced by Aron Kincaid, the voice of Killer Croc.
- Bruce's reference to "the Bard" is William Shakespeare, and the quote is from Julius Caesar, Act I, Scene 2:
“ Men at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
— Cassius, Julius Caesar, Act I: Scene 2
- In one scene Batman throws a batarang that lodges itself into a criminal's leg. However, due to censorship, no blood was shown.
- During the climatic scene in the planetarium, the background music has a distinct similarity to the Mars: The Bringer of War movement of the Planets Suite by Gustav Holst.
- Nostramos tells Ethan Clark he "sees a bad moon rising". This is a reference to the Creedence Clearwater Revival song "Bad Moon Rising".
- This is the first animated episode where Batman is shown to be knocked unconscious and captured on screen. The previous episode, "P.O.V.", shows Batman captured, but it is left to imply that he was caught after the roof fell on him. Not only that, but it is strongly implied that he allowed himself to be captured.
- The idea for this episode was conceived when Bruce Timm and the writers wondered what Bruce Wayne would do if he lost his memory and was forced to find a solution without gadgets or his costume.
- Alfred makes a brief reference to Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, who claimed what is now San Diego for Spain.
- Bruce Timm revealed in the DVD introduction for this episode that one of the main difficulties in using "one-shot" villains is that since they only make one appearance, it can be difficult to make them memorable. Thus, Biggis' trademark was to be fat and revolting. In fact, according to Timm, George Murdock (who portrayed Biggis) ate food as he read his lines. It worked so well, that the slurping gulping sounds he made were kept for the character as part of the soundtrack.
- This is the first episode to feature Alfred away from Wayne Manor.
- Biggis' huge appetite, physique, and slobbering voice are very reminiscenent of Mr.Creosote from Monty Python and the Meaning of Life.
- One of Biggis' men is named Paur, a reference to series writer/director Frank Paur.
NEW RETRO WAVE
FM Attack | Magic (feat. Kristine)