View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #63
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I am aware Rachel had something to do with Bruce quitting as Bruce, but not quitting as Batman. That was all on the Dent Act.
Yes, Rachel was Bruce's reason for keep being Batman, not to quit as I had said before.

Alfred is telling Bruce he has to quit, that he "used to talk about a life beyond that awful cave" to which Bruce replies, "Rachel died knowing that we had decided to be together. THAT was my life beyond the cave. I can't just move on. She didn't."

So all the same, Bruce's decisions had been based on Alfred's lie.

Quote:
There was importance in the third film, but he didn't want to trace all the steps on the resolution of it all since there were bigger things to focus in the third film. At least Nolan did mention to have some sort of resolution.
Mentioning them is not developing them. As a storyteller he can't diminish important elements of the story he has placed there himself.

Quote:
It doesn't mean that though. Bruce is aware that Alfred is telling the truth by that time. He questioned it at first, saying Alfred is lying, but in that statement, Bruce is all aware that Alfred is indeed telling the truth.
Bruce says "How dare you USE Rachel to try to stop me?" Then Alfred suggests that is the truth and Bruce, as calm as he was before, says

I'm not saying Bruce definitely didn't believe Alfred, but it's rather vague.

Because if Bruce had believed Alfred... why did that have no effect whatsoever in Bruce's life after that conversation? He kept on like if he hadn't believed him. Rachel choosing Bruce or choosing Dent, Bruce kept being Batman (after he retook the role).

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote