View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #109
animex
Banned User

Default Re: Do you think Marvel will EVER get the film rights to Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Every single reboot based on a Marvel/DC character has had that happen to them so far. Name me one reboot that didn't suffer the reboot curse. The second film in the franchise is always the one that determines if the reboot was a success in the first place.

and what movies are you talking about????

Plus, Sony has even come out and said that TASM did better than they thought it would.

yes they did, AFTER the movie finished its run, and all the sony fan-boys drank the kool-aid, because sony would never lie.

Sony sold the merchandising rights at the start of 2010 to get an extension on the movie rights. And I'm pretty sure Fox does have the merchandising rights.

link here: http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=49687 and besides diamond direct, which retailer sold wolverine and first class toys?

See links I posted. They don't bring up any movies specifically but they do disprove your point that domestic money is far more important than worldwide money overall. One part in the first article I linked even says at one point that studios make about 66% of their revenue from overseas.

thats not answering the question, its re-directing

I can't really think of a movie that was saved overseas and got a sequel but there are a few movies I can name that bombed in the US but made enough money overseas for the studio to get their budget amount back. Dragonball Evolution is an example of this.

not the question

Fair enough.

Are you kidding me? You're seriously trying to argue that just the name "Godzilla" alone will draw people into theatres but that the name "Spider-Man" alone won't? Spider-Man is a lot more iconic than Godzilla, though both are really iconic. Godzilla doesn't even have half the draw he used to. Most folks who remember him are adults, the kids won't have reason to come except for the big lizard and explosions. Spider-Man is massive worldwide, and believe it or not insanely so in Japan. Almost as much as Gojira, Supah Sentai, Kamen Rider, etc.
ALMOST as much is not the same. still trying to figure out the quote thing....sorry

Last edited by animex; 05-28-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: more
animex is offline   Reply With Quote