View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #633
James
Built from Lego

Default Re: The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I always got a feeling that Rex would be one of the few (if not the only) clone that would question Order 66. I thought in the end he would either walk away (either faking his death or simply telling Anakin he had to leave) or be killed questioning the order. I was really hoping to see Order 66 from the pov of the clones in this show, but i guess that's just gonna continue to be my wish

I didnt hate Ahsoka, but i do agree that at times she mas made to be this
It's funny because I'm not sure they've ever clarified, but I always thought Order 66 was something the Clones couldn't disobey. Like it was one of a long list of special orders implanted in their brains during their creation, just like an automatic robotic response. Perhaps afterward they would be like "What have I done?!" but at the time their eyes glaze over and they just follow the order.

Unless of course the Clone in question was defective in that manner, or part of a batch that was made before the order-implants were installed. In any case I've never felt like they had any real choice in the matter, to the point where the Clones weren't aware those orders even existed inside them until the word is given. This reasoning always made a lot more sense to me than soldiers who've fought side by side with the Jedi for years, in some cases even forming friendships, suddenly and unquestionably opening fire just because Palpatine told them too. One would also imagine, during all that time, at least one Clone would have made mention of Order 66 to a Jedi if the Clones were aware of it.

James is offline   Reply With Quote