View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #738
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I agree with this. To me The Dark Knight Trilogy is the greatest, most complete Batman tale ever told. BTAS is like something parallel to the comics itself, it's too vast to be considered "one" story, but it exists as a wholly definitive Bat-universe.

But in terms of story, TDK trilogy nails it. You could adapt the story of these three movies to any medium and I'd love it. A graphic novel like you said, a video game- heck, make an animated version of the trilogy in the Timm-verse. You really can't go wrong, it's just three really strong Batman stories that showcase a wide range of emotions, characters and genres, but in the end form a coherent whole.
If you're talking about just Batman TAS, then you're right. If you're looking at the whole DCAU as a whole, then I disagree with you on that. I thought the DCAU from start to finish was the perfect life story of Batman, showcasing his origin to his days solo fighting mobsters to meeting Robin to encountering his rogues gallery to creating the Bat Family to meeting Superman to creating the JL and fighting global threats to his retirement to his revivement through Terry and finally, to his death (though we don't see him die or know when he will die but you get my point). I think that if you were to map out comic book Batman's entire life from start to finish, you would get something similar to the DCAU especially now since the Batman Beyond comic takes place in the mainstream DCU.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote