View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #32
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
FOX shouldn't settle for 300 million to 400 million worldwide grosses while there's a bigger potential for success with movies that features both Wolverine and the X-Men.

Like I said, FOX should ride the success of DOFP and follow the footsteps of Fast/Furious. Let the original cast star in a couple of movies first, before releasing spin-offs/prequel that obviously attract less to the general audience.

Agreed.

In terms of the actual comics, The X-Men inhabit their own universe. Sure, while mutants have contributed greatly to the comic universes (616 and Ultimate,) the sheer number of characters and storylines is rival to the non mutant titles. Fox is sitting on a goldmine they have barely begun to tap; hence, the Fast & Furious argument is music, because that is the best way to tap into said vein.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote