View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #632
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Looks like Odin blocked Thanos' punch THEN slapped him away, it's clear that Odin is above Thanos with or without the spear. Thanos struggled to push through Odin's blast btw, you guys are making it seem like did it effortlessly.

However Odin did shrug off everything Thanos hit him with effortlessly, he never once stumbled, fell, or flew back. But hey, at the end of the day we're both gonna think what we think so this is pointless.
wait...we're not on the same page lol. no one is saying Thanos can beat, or is even equal to Odin. I'm strictly talking about Thanos' durability.

It looks to me like Thanos' punch connects..but has no effect, while Odin's does. Odin blasted thanos twice, and thanos took it, but was still on the lower end. Odin then summoned the spear, and blasted thanos, once, thanos got up from it. Odin blasted thanos and he walked through it. We didn't say it was fast, it WAS slow. But the fact is that he was able to walk through a concentrate blast...and grab the spear, that was the impressive part.. before they went in the air and did whatever they did. Thanos got up slowly, but got up. Odin let him. And thanos was ready to keep going. He has since been upgraded one more time, so I personally think he would do a little better than before, but not enough to give him a good fight.

All I am saying is that Thanos is Durable enough to hang with someone on Odin's level for a little while, but he's lacking in the offensive for that specific tier.

Odin is above Thanos. That's clear. He can't beat him, he's just durable enough to hang with him, THAT'S the impressive thing.

I'm not saying he can beat him, Not that it was a good, even fight, not that he was able to hurt him, just that he was able to take Odin's punishment for like 13 pages, and survive, and look fine like a page later or something. his durability