View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #77
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Yep, exactly. Bruce would have quit as Batman if Gotham became a safer place and would have moved on with Rachel, a luxury that didn't happen, but it's for the best when Rachel wasn't in love with Bruce as it was the other way around.
Maybe, maybe not. But Bruce consider that as "destroying his life." And he barely reacted to Alfred, a man he trusted like no one else, lying to him for 8 years about such a sensible matter.

Quote:
Bringing them to light, giving them a resolution such as revealing the Dent Act was a lie, revealing that Dent was a murderer and then revealing that Rachel chose to be with Dent, that is developing them. A clear resolution of the truth having its day which is what Alfred spoke about to Bruce.
Revealing the truth is not a resolution. The consequences of the revealing are. And there's barely any.

Quote:
I don't find it really vague, but if you do, I'd suggest watch the film again as it doesn't seem vague at all, but perhaps people could see how it could be since Rachel isn't mentioned again, or at least regarding the letter.
I watched it again, that's why I included the dialogue this time. There are two reactions from Bruce Wayne. In the first one, he clearly don't believe Alfred. In the second one, he might or might not, because he didn't react at the lie and its implications at all, but at the fact that Alfred wants to leave.

Quote:
Although, why do you think Bruce continued to not believe Alfred? When Talia/Miranda brings up Rachel's picture, Bruce doesn't say a word and places the picture down. He knows full well that he believed a lie for eight years.
That might be true. Still, my original point was his reaction at the lie, just as all reactions to all lies set in TDK, were ephemeral and had no resolution. Alfred left, but not because of having lied, Gordon was no judged by people to whom he lied and the Dent thing had no problems at all.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote