View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #302
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If reports of james Marsden on set were correct this hints at 2 possibiltys

1:The Time Travel wipes out some elements of Last Stand and thus at end
Cyclops Is alive
2:The DOFP future with sentinles Is pure alternate future.Cyclops Is part of It but they want to keep It a secret.Thus the time travel plot leads to The Trilogy
and The Wolverine
#2 seems like a stretch. While possible, isn't the idea to move forward? Again, maybe it works out that way, and 1973 Wolverine is destined to meet the X-Men in 2000 and the events unfold as the OT depicts. If that's the deal, the primary X-Men are still dead that I don't see how they contend with Apocalypse. And then I'd argue #1 can't be done unless Cyclops survived in TLS itself off screen.

However, I actually really like the #2 idea. But I want to see a trilogy in the alternate future of DoFP, not a one off film. Or maybe stand alone films in this alternate future, without getting bogged down by continuity. Ending the saga with TLS or The Wolverine... technically. At least we will have seen all these stories coming to pass in some alternate future.

Last edited by Mr.M; 05-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote