View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #741
Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It's still hard for me to consider it "one story" due to its episodic nature. In the trilogy, there is a chain of causality where one event leads to another that runs between all the movies and there are constant thematic links, echos and mirrors. With the DCAU you have a lot of asides and one-off stories, just like any TV show does. That's what makes it more of a collection of stories to me with one very loose overarching one. Though I would agree if you're saying the DCAU is a more comic accurate representation of Batman's life for sure. I just think the trilogy is the most coherent telling of the story. I get the sense that Bruce has gone from point A to point B and is actually a changed man at the end.
I never said that the DCAU is a better "one story" for Batman than TDKT (even though I do think that). I just stated that I disagree with the notion that Batman TAS is just like the comics in the sense that the stories kept going when the whole DCAU as a whole is essentially just one part of Batman's life from start to finish.

How I rate movies:
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote