View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #741
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where does most of TDK's critisism come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It's still hard for me to consider it "one story" due to its episodic nature. In the trilogy, there is a chain of causality where one event leads to another that runs between all the movies and there are constant thematic links, echos and mirrors. With the DCAU you have a lot of asides and one-off stories, just like any TV show does. That's what makes it more of a collection of stories to me with one very loose overarching one. Though I would agree if you're saying the DCAU is a more comic accurate representation of Batman's life for sure. I just think the trilogy is the most coherent telling of the story. I get the sense that Bruce has gone from point A to point B and is actually a changed man at the end.
I never said that the DCAU is a better "one story" for Batman than TDKT (even though I do think that). I just stated that I disagree with the notion that Batman TAS is just like the comics in the sense that the stories kept going when the whole DCAU as a whole is essentially just one part of Batman's life from start to finish.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote