View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #84
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Telling Alfred he destroyed his world is no reaction?
I wish he dsaid that. He said "You expect to destroy my world and then think we're going to shake hands?" because Alfred was leaving. Nothing about "how could YOU lie to me like that?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I said certain things do not need consequences, and you're kidding if you think everything needs a consequence. Alfred informing Bruce about Rachel's letter didn't need a consequence besides the truth being told. Or, you could look at Alfred having leaving as some sort of consequence, but that's reaching a little.
Nah, Alfred leaving had other reasons behind entirely different. And I don't say things need consequences, they just do. Lies specially. And lies that are used as pivotal elements for storytelling, specially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And like I mentioned as well, Gordon "being in court" can be viewed as a consequence as well, but I view that at the end of TDKR, there didn't need to be some sort of any more conclusion because he's a war hero once again; as he was mentioned as being a war hero in the beginning of TDKR, he is one again and should have obviously been treated as one if Gotham treated Batman so high such as even building a statue on his honor since Batman and Gordon are both guilty of creating the lie.
That "court" was a joke. A corrupt justice system that could be easily judging people for trying to stop Bane.

And what about all those criminals that were going to be re-prosecuted if Dent was proven to be a murderer?

A war hero, lol. Nice treatment for having lied for so long to so many people. I guess Lincoln was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
What Bruce says tells me he's aware Alfred is telling the truth. Yes, anyone can pick apart anything to their own interpretation, but what Bruce says, to me, proves that he is aware at the end of their dialogue that he knows Alfred is telling the truth.

And of course he did care for the lie. He said Alfred destroyed his world. Why would it destroy his world if he didn't care about the lie?
He didn't say "you destroyed my world." He said if he expected to do such a thing and just shake hands. Yes, he probably believed him, he was far more worried about what he had to do next. Anyways, the movie never cared about how to overcome such a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Who said Bruce doesn't care?

AGAIN....Bruce said Alfred destroyed his world. Bruce was made to believe in a lie for eight years and didn't move on, when he could have if he only knew that Rachel planned on being with Harvey.
He said it with the same emotion he said everything else in the scene. I wish he had considered all you say when he asked for an explanation for such a lie.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote