View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #86
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
He did say Alfred destroyed his world, lol.

But we're going back to interpretation again. Because he didn't say what you wanted, you propose he didn't actually, truly say anything about Alfred lying, but Bruce is aware Alfred lied and he meant it when he said Alfred destroyed his world just then.
It is probably the absolute lack of emphasis what confuses me.

Quote:
Not all lies need consequences either, especially when the truth sets itself free. And once again, I only said it's reaching to say Alfred leaving is part of the lie, but yes, we're on the same path in knowing that the lie and Alfred leaving has no connection except leaving was Alfred's last resort in trying to get Bruce Wayne to quit as Batman since he wasn't Batman any longer.
Lies need consequences, specially when they're big and set as crucial part of a plot.

Quote:
If you believe so, then fair enough. I found the kangaroo court to be irony especially with Gordon being there. As Crane said, his guilt was already determined once he stepped up for his sentencing. But once again, what did you want to see in the last ten minutes of TDKR once the siege ends in regards to the Dent lie and Gordon?
No lawyers, no witnesses, no due process. That's not something I believe, it's something clearly stated in the movie.

I expected Gordon properly judged, criminals re-processed, etc. Not all on screen necessarily, but at least a word about it, a little something that tells me that Nolan cares for the plot key elements he sets up himself.

Quote:
You meant the Blackgate inmates that joined Bane's army and who fought the GCPD? Yah, I wonder what will happen to them...not like they did anything bad once they escaped prison...lol.
Did you see any one of the mob bosses of TDK?

And I don't think whatever happened in that anarchy state counts exactly as they would had they happened in a normal legal state.

Quote:
So you must have a problem with how they celebrated Batman in the end then, yes?
I mentioned that somewhere, yes. But then again I have a problem with everything that happened with Batman at the end of the movie.

Quote:
That same emotion was perfectly fine for that entire scene and it was a perfectly reasonable emotion that told me all I needed in that scene.
Drama 1: say everything with the same emphasis and emotion.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote