View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #90
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

I rewatched part of TDKR the other day, and have to say, from the visual standpoint, my favorite section of the film was the beginning. The nighttime shots of Gotham were perfect, especially Selina's exchange at the bar. Lighting and locations really made the film feel like a section out of an episode of The Animated series (and Daggett's inclusion helped it.) However, this aesthetic was lost when they did daytime sequences, such as the train station. With all of the vintage trains and unique/Art-Deco stations, I was disappointed they did not select a station that complemented the design of the nocturnal Gotham: either something gritty and smoke-choked, or a station with a healthy amount of ornamentation.

[COLOR="Red"]"Superman gains two new powers in this imagining: Mega-Angst and Hipster Lumberjack Cred. A young Kal-El faces off against General Zod to save Earth, kind of like Christopher Reeve did back in Superman II, but without any of that pesky “fun” that people hate so much in their superhero movies."--Rifftrax
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote