View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #65
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Default Re: Race changes that wouldn't bother you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post

So when someone says something to the effect of "I just want things to stay the same" when it comes to race, I immediately think of all of those people. Maybe it's not nice to compare you to all those complicit folk, but the correlation seems so direct, I feel like it bears mentioning.

I don't think the issue is laziness so much as safety. It's a safer investment of time and energy and resources to remake a flagging character as a minority. Anything you do with an original character would be enhanced by having a popular legacy behind him. Now it's true, that that legacy does inspire laziness, where they don't feel like they have to make a name for this character because they already have a famous name, right? I see that.
Regarding the bolded statement, your quite the narrow-minded person, aren't you? Comparing someone who wants their comic book character to be like the comics to people who were ok with segregation is so obliviously offensive its laughable you think this is an appropriate response. I guess you believe all Muslims are terrorists, because they share a few small beliefs that extremist shared.

Taking the safe route is just as meh in art. Safe and lazy are the same words when it comes to storytelling. Neither benefits good storytelling.

You are quite the narrow-minded person, comparing people to racists and segregations and such, acting like its no big deal. I don't have time to discuss this and fill this thread in a pissing contest. My last comment tried to make peace, but once again you make offensive comparisons. I'm done. If you want to civilly discuss the issue without the name calling and offensive comparisons, I'm happy to. Until then, good day.

Last edited by weezerspider; 05-29-2013 at 11:39 PM.