View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #960
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I think you're probably right and me wrong here but I just prefer Hulk as the kind of fun hero he was in Avengers. I can't think of anything more boring than having him being chased by the government and army again. The torment is definitely interesting as long as Hulk gets to be awesome & heroic & not always an enemy of the people on the run. I'm sure my opinion on that is different to most people's.
It's just opinions so no right and wrong here in my view. I agree that Hulk doesn't have to be a complete uncontrollable monster that makes Banner run (that part is over), but I want the danger to be there to some extent so Banner just doesn't turn into a green beast version of Colossus. The duality between Banner and Hulk has been one of the most unique things with that character, although I've of course read plenty of comics where that isn't an issue for a variety of reasons.

So as said, I'm interested in seeing where Whedon takes it. In my mind they've now passed the most interesting stage of the character but I feel confident that Whedon can make the rest great as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
It's funny you say that because in the new Avengers run in the Marvel now comics banner regularly Just suits up.
I haven't read that as I'm mainly focusing on reading older things that I've missed out on during the long time I didn't keep up with comics (currently reading Journey Into Mystery). I've read plenty of things that have completely left out the dynamic I'm referring to though and I do realize that "suiting up" is the likely scenario.