View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #56
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: FoX Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
We will see how much audiences like a Fresh start when Man Of Steel comes out. If you don't think audiences are open to new things you are very mistaken.

Like SuperT said, the only problem would be recasting Jackman. No one but the hardcore Singer fans will care when the other X-Men are recast. Especially when it comes to underwhelming portrayels like Storm and Rogue. Singer has to give us something really to cool with them in DofP to say otherwise. Most X-Men are a bigger draw then any actor in the role.

Besides, Fassbender and Mcavoy already have people on board with their Prof X and Magneto. It's an easy transition that would actually be pretty considerate to the OT fans.
You know they were major reasons why Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four got rebooted and it wasn't just because of creative decisions.

Superman = Superman Returns was a box-office disappointment
Batman = Batman & Robin both failed at reviews and box-office
Spider-Man = Sam Raimi bailed out and the cast didn't want to comeback w/o Raimi
Fantastic Four = Rise of Silver Surfer was a box office disappointment for FOX.

X-Men has the original cast, Bryan Singer and so far, none of the X-Men films became a big disappointment at the box-office. Even if X3/Origins weren't that good, it didn't really ruin the franchise.

This isn't the perfect timing for X-Men to be rebooted or pull a "Star Trek: New Generations" by moving forward with the cast of First Class. Like I said, this series is much better shape right now compare to the last 3 to 4 years because of the anticipation for Days of Future Past. Why do they have to reboot or soft-rboot X-Men while clearly, the general audience are still interested with the original cast and none of their films bombed. With DOFP being released, the general audience will once again be familar with Anna Paquin's Rogue, Halle's Storm, etc....

Reintroducing Storm, Rogue, Wolverine, Shadowcat, in an alternate timeline, played by different actors would just confuse general audience. And I feel like its not really that creative. Like after DOFP, its the perfect time to introduce more members to the X-Men team, introduce new villains and some of you want to reintroduce X-Men members that we already saw in a couple of films. And there's MORE freedom with making more movies with the original cast. They aren't living in the past decade, the general audience wouldn't be confuse and they are familiar with the OT/their characters that they are portraying.

Anyway, what some of you are suggesting aren't gonna happen. If DOFp disappoints, they would forward with a reboot not a movie with the cast of First Class. If DOFP succeeds, expect X-Men 5 in 2016 or 2017.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-30-2013 at 07:47 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote