View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #96
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
The upcoming "X-Men" sequel, "Days of the Future Past," is easily one of the most hotly anticipated superhero films currently in production.
But as filming heads in to its final stages for its 2014 release, cast member Shawn Ashmore is not melting under the pressure to reveal what happens to, or how his character, Bobby Drake, aka Iceman, fits into the story.

"Some of our characters in the film are facing a far, dark future and that continues with Bobby as well," Ashmore says during a recent break of filming in Canada. "It's an intense storyline and pretty exciting."

Though he wouldn't reveal specifics -- "I want to get invited back," Ashmore jokes -- the actor says fans can expect to see a familiar, though more mature Drake.

"He's changed from who you saw in 'X-3,'" Ashmore says.

Ashmore says re-teaming with his "X-Men" castmates and director Bryan Singer -- who helmed the first "X-Men" film, and its followup, "X-2: X-Men United" -- has been comparable to attending a family reunion.

"What's so great about being part of a franchise is every couple of years, or in our case, every five or six years, you get to come back and work with the filmmakers and actors," Ashmore says.

"I just turned 19 when I shot the first movie," he adds. "I was still a teenager, but it feels like a lifetime ago. Everyone's grown up."

Ashmore credits Singer for ushering in the superhero genre boom.

"Bryan has grown as a filmmaker as well, so it's really exciting," Ashmore says. "I trust him completely, with the stories and the characters. It was a no-brainer to come back and watch him tell the story he wants to tell."
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/ente...ns_can_ex.html