View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #115
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff17 View Post
It wouldn't seem stalkerish, it would be a surprise for Alfred (and the audience) to find Bruce when tracking the pearls. Alfred knowing that there is GPS tracking on the pearls, decides to track them down because he feels obligated to Bruce because he cherished them. Maybe Alfred had a hunch that Bruce may be alive, maybe he hopes he finds him there. It's something that could have been left up to the viewer and something that could have been beautifully acted. So when the audience sees Alfred at that cafe we don't know exactly what is going to happen next. He gets a surprise and so does the audience. If it ended that way, there would have never been the confusion that "was it all a dream" and it would have been a much more concise ending.
i see both sides of this debate, and i think both of you are right. i really do believe now that bruce knew that alfred would be suspcious about the pearls and track them. because he did look quite anxious when he sat down. and after the ending scenes in tdk about having your faith rewarded alfred finally got his. as did bruce. but thats just my 2 cents.

bilbo baggins is offline   Reply With Quote