Thread: The Savage Land
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Savage Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
The Savage Land is one of the really interesting concepts within the X-Men stories that I'd love to see on film & the beauty of it is that you could use it in several different ways for storytelling purposes. If the main antagonist is Magneto you can utilize the Savage Land Mutates as a foil to the X-Men, or you could use Sauron as the main baddie.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ka-Zar at some point, but it does seem that he would be somewhat out of place in an X-Men franchise - if the Savage Land were a part of the larger MCU then introducing Ka-Zar would make a lot of sense due to his ties to other characters as well... except X-Men is produced by Fox so using the Savage Land as a go-between other Marvel characters is out of the question.

In addition to the Savage Land, it'd be fun to see things like Asteroid M, Shi'ar Empire/Starjammers, Genosha, Age of Apocalypse... you get the point, there's tons of stories that could be told on screen.
I doubt Fox has the rights to Ka-Zar. I would think Marvel has Ka-Zar and, if so, Marvel probably also has the right to use the Savage Land.

Fox could use Savage Land too and include Sauron or Garokk or the mutates.

I'd love to see Magneto have his base beneath a volcano, like in the comics.

And, yes, I'd also like to see Shi'ar, Starjammers, Imperial Guard, Genosha, Krakoa, etc.