View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #803
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
My friend was totally into Hunter X Hunter. So we used to watch the Anime often at his place. That was definitely one badass fight.
If you liked the old show then you should definitelly try the new version. Sorry if i have to make publicity for Hunter X Hunter 2011 again , but for those that want to get into it then i highly recoment to watch the reboot before the first anime, not only did it delete some imporant stuff (an entire fight, as well as it's character were deleted, and it was a very important bit, as it seted up what was to come.) but it also had some filler.

The original actually did one arc better than the new version because of the athmosphere, but there's still stuff from that arc that was better done in the 2011 version. Another problem from watching the original instead is that it ends abruptly, it then had 3 OVAs to continue the plot, but even so they didn't complete the story because the manga is still ongoing. If you want a good example then imagine if the Naruto anime had stoped after the end of the first Konoha Invasion (during the chunin exams), or if they stoped making more Bleach episodes after the Soul Society arc.

Unlike with Fullmetal Alchemist i don't think you gain more from watching the old show before the new one. I do recomend to check it after finishing the new show though, while waiting for new episodes of course, Hunter X Hunter 2011 is still ongoing, and it's gonna last in least another year.

If you like Naruto then i recomend Hunter X Hunter even more, Kishimoto was HxH's writer's aprentice and such concepts as the Chunin Exams and the uchiha massacre and revenge were borrowed from Hunter, you'll even notice some similarities in the power systems.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?