View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #67
znop

Default Re: Luke Cage introduced in Avengers 2, Hulk blasted into space

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Why wouldn't Rogers have his shield in this situation? And why would he just let Cage's fist hit him in the side of his head?
Rogers wouldn't have his shield because when I think of "outmuscling" I rarely include devices or weapons (I.e., "Boxers" don't carry switchblades into the ring during a match).

This is strickly a "Man to Man" fistacuft -- Rogers without his Adamantium/Vibrainum Shield and Cage without his Heavy Duty Carbon Chain (or Wrecker's Crowbar).

Quote:
I'm saying, Captain America and Luke Cage are far closer to being evenly matched than Hulk and Cage.
With this I totally agree... Hence the reason I deny them their weapons. Sure, Luke has steel-hard skin (x2) but, Rogers still has his body armor...

Both are enhanced by a version of the "Super Soldier Serum", both have a sufficient healing factor, and both in their own fashion are consummate masters in their forms of martial arts. But, the biggest and main difference between the two is the fact that Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength (Class 25), stamina, extremely dense skin and muscle tissue which render him highly resistant to physical injury -- while, Captain America has no superhuman powers, but through the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he possesses strength (Peak Human), endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, and durability. Cap might be capable of holding his own but a "Class 25" punch to the face should kill him. And, the same applies to "Hulk vs Cage"... Difference being, Cage stands a far greater chance of surviving a naked punch from Hulk than Rogers does (Especially without his shield ).

Cage vs Rogers ---> Winner, Luke Cage!

Quote:
And why is this obscurely tragic and tragically obscure thread still around? Did y'all know that when you stop commenting on a thread it eventually disappears?
  1. Two months of inactivity is not long enough to close a thread.
  2. I believe it's called a "Bump"!
  3. I have to assume this thread is still active because both characters are currently relevant within the pages.

Last edited by znop; 06-02-2013 at 06:39 PM.
znop is offline   Reply With Quote