View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #123
buff17
Side-Kick

Default Re: Updated Rating for The Dark Knight Rises

Batman Begins- Best on first watch. I had high expectations and they were actually exceeded. Tougher to sit down and watch now, but I've watched it 20 or 30 times so that might have something to do with it.

The Dark Knight- Went in with expectations too high, was slightly disappointed until I watched it again. On my second viewing I felt far more emotional at the end and felt like it was the best ending to a film I'd ever experienced. Picked up even more details that I missed on my 3rd viewing. Happily watched this film at least 7 times during it's theatrical run and countless times until TDKR arrived.

The Dark Knight Rises- First watch experience was great. Very exciting, but I knew that TDK was a superior film just after watching it. Watched it at least 4 more times during it's run, and several times since on Blu-Ray. I'm back and forth on the film, it's grown on me. It's made it harder though to go back and revisit the other films. Maybe, after a few years I'll be able to come back and revisit the entire franchise.

I still feel the ending of The Dark Knight is the greatest ending to a movie of all time. That feeling at the end, there's not enough words to explain it for me. Stroke of genius, I'd love to hear about the creative process that came up with that.

buff17 is offline   Reply With Quote