View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Watching Avengers or watching Phase One: which is the necessary action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I have seen very little of Avengers from the film itself, not trailers or such (except the sneak peak at the end of Cap via yt), and I'm starting to have an opinion that's more towards a positive response from one team film to another (aka Justice League).

That would be hard because, while I've seen Iron Man 1, I have no interest in watching 2 nor 3. I've heard mixed opinions of 2, and after looking it up (I can handle spoilers, BTW) I feel it's one of the movies to skip because I don't feel it did anything necessary or accomplished anything, and strongly feel that Iron Man 2, after Incredible Hulk, should've been a call back to an early Marvel story and instead be about Tony taking his first SHIELD mission and fighting the Hulk (maybe call it Iron Man vs. Hulk). As for 3; I did the same thing, I feel the same way, and think that if I want to see an adaptation of sorts to Extremis, I will watch the motion comic instead.

I also want to point out that even though I'm asking about seeing Avengers only, there is an interest in seeing some of the others: I've mentioned not wanting to see Iron Man 2, but I would like to see Incredible Hulk and Cap some day ("some day" lol I laugh at that statement), while I would have to watch Thor even though I'm not a fan of the character, and I don't really care for the sequel compared to, let's say, Cap: Winter Soldier.

I also want to point out something else that will get major groans from you guys: the first two movies, Iron Man 1 and Incredible Hulk; my brother bought those DVDs many years ago, and they are behind me as we speak. I saw Iron Man 1 back in Christmas 2012, and said "Hulk was next"; haven't seen that movie yet, and it's been 5 months and 9 days since I said that. ...yup

The only think I could say to explain the delay is that: maybe I didn't want to really force myself to watch these movies, otherwise I would've not enjoyed them and instead see them as "chores to watch". y'know?

Anyway...
Incredible Hulk is a personal favorite. I find it to be one of the few superhero films that doesn't feel like a superhero film. That there's a story in there and not just a build up to an Avengers movie. You'll find I'm pretty well alone in that opinion. Most people dislike TIH, or at least consider it one of the worst MCU films.

Hahaha. I find this amusing. And of course I mean no disrespect by this. I imagine you lead a life of at least average diligence. In other words, you're a busy guy. But I find it amusing that you'll spend the time to post on these forums about the films but find watching the movies themselves to be a waste of time. :P

Have you never sat through legitimately "bad" movies before? Well at least these ones will be entertaining!

Anyway, haha enjoy your contemplation. Let us know what you decide to do. I personally think each of the 7 MCU films is worth watching. At least moreso than Raimi's Spider-Mans or the X-Men franchise. I mean, to say the least.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote