View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #354
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
you realize you just reiterated his point but made it sound like you proved him wrong? He said in his orginial post that he's surprised Marvel is getting these big names in a new property of GotG and that he's like to see Fox do something like that in future X-men spin offs (established property).. never saw his points waiver like you claim.

Sorry just bugged me that you attacked him for changing his point when he didn't, the commenters were responding as if he said that the current series is badly cast, which was not his point.
You are absolutely right. I did misinterpret his words, and I do apologize.

Although I do have to explain myself. The confusion comes from what sounds like him lamenting the fact that Fox can't ever nail down great casts and directors for X-Men spin-offs. He makes it sound like a pattern (while also attempting to start another Marvel/Disney vs Fox issue out of nothing). And yet there really haven't been any X-Men spin-offs besides Origins and The Wolverine both starring the A-list leading man from the X-movies (the latter of which also has a big name director). And so we were left to argue either with him having no point, or to argue with the only point we could interpret.

It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I was wrong and I admit that.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote