View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #108
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Sorry but that movie was awful from every angle.

1. Killing off Cyclops at the beginning off screen, no real explanation as to why - Remember Jean didn't just go killing everyone but only when agitated, so her killing Xavier actually made some sense but Cyclops? What the heck did he ever do to her?
It's perfectly explained. Jean is no Jean any more. Her negative instincts are all unbounded, that's very well explained in the movie. Her emotions are not only madly strengthened but also mixed. Her passion for this significant one from the past got mixed with her destructive instincts. Eros and thanatos together with no control whatsoever. She also killed Xavier himself, what the heck did he ever do to her. And even Magneto was slightly scared of her too.

Quote:
2. Wasted use of Colosuss. As another poster said Colosus was perfectly teased in X2 so why is his use so minimilzed in this film? Also you have Juggernaught and Colosuss in the same film....a yet they never fight? No instead we have kitty pride run thru a wall let Jugs knock himself out! Really?!
Heh, "perfectly teased" is another term for "underused." No matter what, you cannot give every character a lot of time in a movie like this. There's just no way. Cyclops was underused in every movie according to many fans. It's far from being a problem of this movie exclusively.

But yes, Kitty and Juggernaut worked because their powers are diverse, it's not just the very strong vs very strong usual fight. And that's the richness of having such a diversity of super-powers. You can control metal, what good is it against a plastic cell; you can heal yourself, what good is when another mutant can take your powers away.

Quote:
3. Wasted use of Angel. Great actor, great look, even an compelling intro to the character but them he does...nothing. Yep.
Nope. He saved his father who was ashamed of him before. He gave another angle to the mutant issue, showing what happens if the mutant "condition" affects within his own family to one important man directly involved in the "anti-mutation cause." That son showed his dad that mutation was nothing to be ashamed of, whereas his own father had been ashamed of him.

The story needed further development, sure, but in so little time it did what it needed to.

Quote:
4. Phoenix. I don't mind it being a part of Jean's personality instead of an alien entity but could we at least show some internal conflict instead of just going full on crazy, killing indiscriminately with no real motive and then no redemption! Nothing. No glimpse of Jean, no remorse at Scott's death, nothing, just Wolverine (again saving the day) but killing her. Waste.
You have that conflict when she faces Magneto and Xavier, and then when she faced Logan. And asking Logan to kill her was her redemption by showing remorse of what she was then.

Quote:
5. Wolverine being the sole focus of the film...again! You've already had two movies featuring him, now there's a third then he gets two spinoff movies. come on! Can you say over exposure. Hugh is a great actor but frankly I can't wait until we actually get an X-men minus him.
As you say, this is not this movie characteristics but every single one of them (I'm talking about the first trilogy, of course). In movies overpopulated with superheroes you have to make your choices, but X-Men TLS didn't do any differently as its predecessors.

Quote:
6. Psylocke and some of the other morlocks in name only. too many characters just thrown in for their for no reason.
There was plenty of reasons. This plot involved every mutant on earth. Of course there was a reason to have many of them as the main story here was how mutants were taking sides here.

Quote:
7. Magento's master plan...toss cars into the air while pyro sets them on fire Consider me underwhelmed
That's not his master plan and I know you must understand this. Otherwise consider Senator Pleasury underwhelmed.

Quote:
That's just off the top of my head.
Many of those either were in the movie or were common to every X-Men movie man.

Last edited by Senator Pleasury; 06-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote