View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #110
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: X-Men 3...seriously fans/people--WHY all the hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybreak_st View Post
Sorry but it's woefully inconsistent. Her first instinct is to kill the man she love, after kissing him? How does that make sense? She doesn't kill Magneto who presented a persistent threat, she doesn't kill Xavier until he provokes her so even that makes a little more sense. Scott actually frees her from the watery grave and the first thing she does is kill him? THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! I don't care how you spin it, the logic just isn't there.
Sir, please. It's all well set and explained even when not immediately. Magneto does not present an immediate threat since he has protected her from those who wanted to "control" her. That makes perfect sense.

Quote:
It wasn't brain surgery, just have those two guys throw down a little, it was perfectly setup. It would've at least given Colossus a meaningful role in the film even if it was short, taking out the Juggernaut. But again he's wasted.
Sure, you'd have wanted to give Colossus a meaningful role and that's fine and right. But you cannot blame this one movie for not taking your choice and yet ignore all the previous movies did the same.

Quote:
I guess I just don't remember that much but it seemed like why even add the character for such a small role and lack of development. We saw plenty of angles on the Mutant view point we didn't need him added for that.
We had seen plenty of the mutant angle but this "cure" one was a different one. Specially if someone would want to get rid of one of their heirs.

Quote:
It just seemed like so little. I mean again her first action is to kill Scott but them everyone gets a free pass until the end of the film (except for Xavier who provoked her). How is that logical? It felt more like character assassination. I really wish her story was the focus instead of the background.
One thing you have to bear in mind is that logic is the one thing Phoenix will NOT have into account. As I, and the actual movie, actually explained, is that the character is pure instinct unbounded.

Quote:
Oh I agree but why keep expanding the cast if your focus will always stay with one person? Just more background/underdeveloped characters. I really hope for a Wolverine non-focused X-men franchise one day. And it really needs a full reboot bc as it will continue to tie-in to the previous franchise and miss the opportunity to tap into the more exotic aspects of the X-men universe like space travel, the savage land, etc. Not the fault of this movie per se but just the franchise as a whole.
As I said, you gotta make choices in this kind of movie.

Quote:
What was the master plan other than stopping the mutant cure? For the grand finale I remain underwhelmed.
Destroying everything is not a master plan, but the final part of it. And the way it is performed could vary.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote