View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #232
robot
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman's power level - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
The way Superman goes back in time in the movie might as well be magical because it doesn't conform to any science. Is he making a black hole? Nope he's flying around Earth. Is he going faster than light? Nope because we can see his trail, he doesn't have infinite energy, and the build up of mass would have destroyed Earth.

You have it backwards. There's more science fiction in his other abilities than being able to go back in time the way it was shown.
Like building the great wall of china with his eyes?

I think you miss the whole point of my original argument.. which is to dispute that Superman is Sci-Fi... I said that it was more fantasy than Sci-Fi... and if there's any element of sci-fi in it, then the closest would be his travelling back in time (because that actually have some possibility of being true IF you give him the ability to travel faster than the speed of light, like IF we have a WARP drive, you can travel faster than the speed of light... and no, we do not have warp drive.. so, with your logic, star trek is no more sci-fi than superman travelling back in time)

And I think you don't even know the difference betwen Science FICTION and Science.... there's a reason they call it 'fiction' you know.. because it allows for some creativity.. within the realm of possibility even if it's minute...

robot is offline   Reply With Quote