View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #204
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

I just watched The Avengers again for the first time since I saw it in the theater and I came out of it feeling less then satisfied the second time around.

I don't know, I just didn't have any emotional connection to the characters at all, so I didn't really feel like any of it meant anything. There's was really no depth to the character interactions, it was all just service level. The whole "they are such a dysfunctional team that needs to learn how to work together" was so flimsy to me and it didn't come that the characters were nuanced or had real emotional depth, they were just a-hole's to each other.

I think the prior origin movies were also to blame, especially with Captain American and Thor. They didn't really do a good job of providing that connection or depth to the characters stories they seemed like they were just leading up to The Avengers.

I don't know, maybe it may also be because I didn't really read these characters comics when I was younger. I was strictly an X-Men fan, so I may also be comparing it to that, especially First Class which I loved the relationships the characters had with each other - especially Xavier, Erik and Mystique. The connection between them, and the other characters in that movie, were just there and just so strong and visceral.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote