View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #997
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Aaron Johnson is the frontrunner for Quicksilver!

Quote:
'Kick-Ass' Star Aaron Johnson Frontrunner to Play Quicksilver in 'Avengers 2' (Exclusive)

"Kick-Ass" star Aaron Taylor-Johnson is being eyed for the role of Quicksilver in Marvel's "The Avengers 2," an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

A representative for Marvel did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Quicksilver is one of two new characters director Joss Whedon is introducing in the sequel, along with the Scarlet Witch.

Johnson is the frontrunner for the coveted role, though no decision has been made at this time.

Marvel is still negotiating with Robert Downey Jr. to reprise his role as Iron Man in "The Avengers 2." Other cast members expected to return include Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Johnson, who is coming off of Oliver Stone's "Savages," previously starred in "The Avengers 2." He's recently starred in "Anna Karenina" and is currently filming "Godzilla" for Legendary Pictures. He's repped by WME, Hamilton Hodell, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and attorney David Weber.

Source: The Wrap

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 06-07-2013 at 06:13 PM.