View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #144
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Capt. Marvel/Ms. Marvel Film? (Good idea or GREAT idea?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's not a bad story at all. A little repetitive in parts (audiences will get bored if you keep throwing "new 'n' improved, bigger 'n' better!" Sentries at them). I'd also make Carol's transformation to Ms./Capt. Marvel a larger part of the story --- i.e., the third reel, instead of just the denouement. In large part, she would be the superhero(ine) a good portion of the audience came to see in the first place, so they'll be expecting to see her strut her stuff for at least 30 minutes or so, instead of just doing a "next time, baby!"

Speaking of the Rhodey reference there: why not include him in a cameo? Rather than Michael "Ace" Rossi (you never explained who he was or why he was even needed in the story), have Rhodey be her ex-AF bud and point of contact.

And you could accurately title the movie just "Captain Marvel," with a dual meaning and role, since both Mar-Vell and Carol will have that title in the film.
This is a good comment I never followed up on. A cooler, more wiry power transfer would be at the end of the first act, instead of saving Carol from a Sentry, he could save her from an explosion which gives her her powers, and the rest of the movie she's discovering her powers, what they are, and how they connect things and how Mar-Vell sees and interacts with the world. Battling the group of sentries around the mid-point of the movie when Mar-Vell is taken in by SHIELD. When we get to the end of the film, the sentries form the sort of basis for Yon-Rogg's mech battle suit so the final setpiece could/should be a crashing ship (making room for Carol's piloting abilities to come into play again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I like most of that, but wouldn't want the Artisean designs as they still look like 90s costumes however it's spun. Also, although Charlize Theron would be good, I think she's too old for Armie Hammer. Not only that, but she's a more dominant personality so she seems more like she'd be playing a villainess now to someone like Hammer, especially after movies like Mirror Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman, where although Hammer and Theron weren't in the same movie, he was playing the prince whereas she was playing the wicked stepmother queen.

I prefer Yvonne Strahovski for Carol anyway and think she would be a better fit with Hammer, who would be great for Capt Marvel.
Good call, Theron's a bit old for the part I'm thinking of. Strahovski is beginning to prove herself as a movie-level actress, she hadn't shown much of that potential when this thread started. I think now would be a great time to pull her in. Good call.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote