Thread: New Mutants
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #66
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: New Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
There's no denying that they make these characters more popular by giving them stronger roles, but to headline a solo movie, a spin-off movie? Like I said, there aren't a lot of movie series out there that released a spin-off movie. We already got 3. 2 for Wolverine, 1 for Professor X/Magneto. Another one would be a bigger risk.

And this is not MCU, where a lot of characters can headline their own movie. At least the Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Inhumans can be seen in a different category even if they appear in The Avengers, they wouldn't under the category of Iron Man films, the category of Captain America films, the category of Thor films. But Deadpool, Wolverine, First Class, New Mutants, X-Factor, X-Force all falls under the X-Men category and thats why it would have an effect to the future X-Men movie releases if they don't perform well at the box-office.
Agreed.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote