View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

New thread!
If Warner Brothers can, they should really have something similar like this as the cover for the trilogy ultimate collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

So I had brunch today at what I consider to be LA's real life "Clean Slate" program - Homeboy Industries. A priest set it up so that former gang members who have felonies on their record can learn job skills and earn money. As some of you may know, a felony on your record often makes you permanently unemployable, so it's a huge reason why so many people who go to jail are repeat offenders. They can't rejoin society because of their records, so they have no choice but to go back to their old lives. Homeboy Industries breaks the cycle and helps people who want to turn their lives around. That's something I really believe in - empowering people who want to change their lives for the better.

Obviously, it got me thinking about the film and how I love the overall journey that both Bruce and Selina take. I think it's so much more powerful than Bruce not learning anything and being Batman forever. Sure most of TDKR (and all of TDK) is a downer, but in the end it's a story about hope.
This trilogy's journey of Bruce really was something incredible and it's fitting that Bruce could not truly move on until Selina entered the picture

What's weird is that after TDKTrilogy, I don't know if I want to see a singular Batman that does this forever.